Today Matthew launched his 2015 General Election campaign. Throughout his 5 years as the Member of Parliament for Hendon, Matthew has campaigned strongly on behalf of residents and represented their views to the Government as well as championing local issues. Matthew believes in the values, commitments and leadership of a Conservative Government and considers the record of the past 5 years as proof that a Conservative-led Government works for this constituency.
Hendon highlights include:
· Police red tape cut and recorded crime down by 14%.
· Unemployment claimant rate down by 49%. 2,555 people in May 2010 reduced to 1,399 in January 2015.
· Income tax cut for 53,848 people as a result of the Government’s long-term economic plan.
· Fuel duty frozen and petrol prices down. £10 saved on a tank of petrol.
· £55.8 million invested in new school places in Barnet and new opportunities for young people.
· 1,058 more doctors in North Central and East London than in 2010 under Labour.
· 10,259 small businesses in Barnet benefiting from business rates relief measures.
Whilst there has clearly been marked progress, Matthew is under no illusion that there is more to be done, both locally and nationally. It is this that motivates Matthew and drives his passion to represent the Hendon constituency with a majority Conservative Government.
“As a local resident, being the Member of Parliament for Hendon has been thoroughly enjoyable, although at times challenging, and I am excited about the opportunity to continue. It would be my only job, as it has been for the past five years. The people of this constituency deserve the full-time commitment of their MP and not one whose attention is diverted to a second or third job like the Labour candidate.
“I can guarantee that should I be re-elected I will continue my work to improve our local community and ensure we have a strong economy which will benefit hard working people.”